IESA has released a sector report on the opportunities in the
Indian medical electronics field. The report was released by Dr. Devi Shetty of Narayana Hrudayalaya.
- Medical electronics is valued at Rs. 3850 crores of the Indian
overall healthcare market of Rs. 300,000 crores.
- The Indian medical electronics market growth is taking place
due to some key features which are unique to this country:
- Changing demographics and age profile which is prone
to spend more on
- Rise of lifestyle diseases and the need for their
- The need to fill the gap in healthcare infrastructure
- Growth in medical tourism to address international
- Entry of corporate into the healthcare arena
- Increase in healthcare spend due to increase in
- Usage of semiconductors is critical from power supply to
display in medical equipment. This includes medical imaging,
patient monitoring systems, digital hearing aids and infusion
pumps, to name a few.
Cost of Medical Electronics Report 2010
|| INR 3000
|| INR 4000
Prices include taxes and courier charges within India.
here for the Medical Electronics executive summary